Are you suffering because of a medical error? Talk to a Loganville medical malpractice lawyer. We are committed to helping victims get compensated. Call 770-626-7895 now.
Compensation for Medical Malpractice Victims
If you are the victim of medical malpractice, a Loganville medical malpractice lawyer can help you claim compensation. We are The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney. We are committed to serving victims in our community.
You are our friends and neighbors. We are here to provide the compassionate and ethical care that you need when you are hurting from medical malpractice. It’s our goal for you to receive the compensation that you deserve while making the legal process as smooth as possible.
There are time limits to bringing a medical malpractice claim, and they may be short. Don’t wait to contact us to learn more and start your case. Call 770-626-7895 or message us online to begin.
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice is inadequate medical care that results in harm. A person has the right to expect competent care from their medical professionals. When a doctor, nurse or other care provider doesn’t provide the skill, judgment or attentiveness that a reasonable professional should provide, they commit malpractice.
When medical malpractice results in harm, the victim may make a claim for compensation.
Examples of Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical malpractice happens in a variety of contexts and situations. Some ways that medical malpractice may occur are:
- Diagnosis errors. A diagnosis may be incorrect, or it may be made too late. The doctor may not recognize the warning signs, or they may not have the skill and training to identify the correct medical condition. The error may result in the wrong treatment or a delay in treatment that devastates the victim.
- Surgical errors. There are several ways a mistake can happen during a procedure. Care providers may operate on the wrong body part. They may leave a foreign object in the body. Mistakes in anesthesia can cause oxygen deprivation. Errors may cause a variety of harms.
- Medication mistakes and chart mix ups. Healthcare providers may administer the wrong treatment because of a mistake in patient information. They may provide the wrong care or an incorrect dose of medication.
- Lack of knowledge or skills. Administering appropriate medical care takes knowledge and skill. A lack of training or skill may result in malpractice and harm to a victim.
- Birth injuries. Injury during the childbirth process may result in harm to a parent or child.
Our legal team can investigate the situation to determine if medical malpractice has occurred. We evaluate the facts and the underlying causes of the harm.
Are you wondering if what happened to you is medical malpractice? Have a personalized consultation with our legal professionals. Contact us now.
Serving Loganville, GA and the Surrounding Community
Our law firm serves Loganville, GA and the nearby community. Our services are complete, handling everything you need for your medical malpractice claim.
Things we may do for you in your medical malpractice claim are:
- Providing a free consultation to talk about your case
- Investigating what happened, and gathering information when those involved want to hide information or are reluctant to speak
- Evaluating the law and what you may receive for your medical malpractice claim
- Filing your complaint with a medical affidavit
- Proving medical negligence and the causation of your injury
- Claiming the appropriate amount of damages including non-economic damages up to the statutory limit
- Advancing your case, negotiating a resolution or taking the case to trial
- Representing you at all court appearances and any other tasks relating to the case
- Providing counsel and guidance throughout the case
When you’re suffering from medical malpractice, we are here to help. You have the underlying medical problem that you sought care for, and you may have additional problems that stem from not receiving the appropriate care. Our team knows that you are suffering. We are here to provide legal help and representation, and our services are complete. You can count on us to handle everything necessary to bring your claim.
Proving a medical malpractice lawsuit
Proving a medical malpractice case is always complex. You almost certainly need the help of a Loganville medical malpractice lawyer. There are several ways that a claim may be challenging. For example, you must present an expert affidavit. To even start the case, a medical practitioner must state in a legal document how negligence occurred.
The medical professional and the healthcare facility may not be quick to volunteer information. They have teams of lawyers that may fight the claim aggressively. There are damage caps, and you must prove the amount that you deserve. Proving a case requires thoroughly understanding the procedural elements and building the proof to support the claim. As your law firm, we take care of everything needed to prove your case.
What if I signed a waiver? Can I still get medical malpractice compensation?
Even if you signed a waiver, it may still be possible to get medical malpractice compensation. Don’t let a waiver prevent you from talking with our legal team. The waiver may not protect the care provider from liability.
How long do I have to file a medical malpractice claim?
The standard time limit to file a medical malpractice claim is two years. However, there are several exceptions that apply in Georgia. Contact us as soon as possible and we’ll explore your specific situation and start your case right away.
Free Consultation – No Fee Unless You Win
We don’t charge for our services unless you win your case. Each consultation is free. You have nothing to lose by meeting with us for a consultation. When you pay for services only when you receive compensation, you don’t have to worry – there is no risk to you.
Learn more about how our fees work. We’re proud to help our community, and that means accepting a fee only if we secure compensation for you.
Taking New Cases – Start Your Case Today
Get legal help for your medical malpractice claim. Get compensated today. Talk to a Loganville medical malpractice lawyer at The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney.
We believe in helping our friends and neighbors. We want you to have the representation you deserve.