Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury law is designed to compensate those who have suffered an injury by the negligence of others for the physical, financial, and emotional losses they experience. Moving forward after being harmed by someone else’s wrongdoing can be exceptionally difficult, but a skilled Georgia personal injury lawyer can help.
At The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys, Brady M. Larrison utilizes his experience helping victims in pursuing justice and compensation for them. Let us work for you. If you’ve been injured by another’s negligence, call our firm at 770-626-7895 or contact us online.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Every personal injury claim is predicated on the circumstances involved, and while they come in different varieties, some of the most common categories include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
The Elements of Personal Injury Claims in Georgia
To bring a successful personal injury claim in which you are compensated for the legal damages – or losses – you experience, each of the following elements must be present:
- The other party had a responsibility for your safety, which is known as owing you a duty of care. For example, motorists owe one another a critical duty of care that includes driving safely.
- The other party did not live up to the duty of care that was owed to you.
- As a result of the other party’s breached duty of care, you were harmed.
- You suffered legal damages, which refer to losses that are covered by personal injury law.
Your Covered Losses
If you are harmed by someone else’s wrongdoing, the resulting losses that you can seek compensation for through your personal injury claim are generally grouped into several basic categories.
Property damage refers to losses such as damage to your vehicle – and the contents of your vehicle – in a traffic accident.
The medical expenses that you face as a result of even a relatively minor personal injury claim can be considerable, and if you suffer an injury more seriously, these costs can become overwhelming. Common categories of medical expenses include:
- Emergency treatment and transportation
- Surgery and post-op care
- Hospital stays and care
- Treatment and care from medical professionals, including specialists
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and rehab
- Medical tests, treatments, and procedures
- Prescription medications
- Adaptive healthcare equipment
If your injuries are serious, develop complications, or lead to secondary health issues, your medical expenses can stretch into your future with no end in sight.
Even a moderate injury can keep you off the job for a considerable stretch, and the related lost income can be a serious financial challenge. The matter is that much worse if your earning potential is impeded or you face a thwarted career trajectory. It’s also important to consider the emotional investment most of us make in our careers, which can take a considerable hit.
Physical and emotional pain and suffering
While the pain and suffering you endure as a result of someone else’s negligence are all too real, it is generally much more difficult to quantify and assign a value. These psychological damages can hamper your physical recovery and can be especially challenging stumbling blocks. Common examples include:
- Accident flashbacks
- Severe mood swings
- Increased anxiety that can include panic attacks
- Strained personal relationships, including a tendency to self-isolate
- Fear of getting back behind the wheel – after a traffic accident
- Emotional lability
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep disturbances that can include insomnia, nightmares, or both
Addressing your emotional losses head-on is an important step in the healing process.
The Insurance Company Covering Your Injury Claim
Most personal injury claims are filed with the at-fault party’s appropriate insurance provider, such as their car insurance provider. The insurance company is obviously paid for specifically this purpose, but it is also profit-driven, which means it will likely do what it can to limit your settlement to the degree possible.
Some of the most common techniques for doing so include:
- Denying claims early in the process as a means of offloading frustrated claimants
- Offering early settlements that, although they are woefully inadequate, appeal to desperate claimants who are facing an avalanche of related expenses
- Twisting the matter of negligence in an effort to focus on claimants rather than on policyholders
- Casting doubt regarding the extent of claimants’ covered losses
- Dragging out or overcomplicating the claims process
Before signing on the dotted line and accepting the first settlement offer – or accepting the insurance company’s attempts to keep your settlement artificially low – reach out to a dedicated Georgia personal injury lawyer for the professional legal guidance you need.
Reach Out to an Experienced Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Brady M. Larrison is a trusted personal injury lawyer in Georgia who recognizes how difficult being laid low by someone else’s negligence can be, and our team makes it our mission to skillfully advocate for the just compensation you are entitled to.
We are here for you. Please contact us online or call us at 770-626-7895 for more information about what we can do to help today.