If you have lost a loved one, you may have a claim for compensation. Work with an experienced Athens wrongful death lawyer from The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney. Call 770-626-7895 for your free consultation.
Compensation for Wrongful Death Victims
A wrongful death is a death that is preventable and that is legally someone else’s fault. It may be the result of a crime; however, it may also be an accident. Negligence or a dangerous product may be grounds for compensation if the result is the loss of a life.
If you are grieving the loss of a loved one, we are truly sorry. Here is what we want you to know:
- You may deserve financial compensation
- A wrongful death legal claim honors the life of your loved one. It holds wrongdoers accountable and makes them answer for their actions
- To receive a payment, you must bring a claim against the party responsible and prove your right to compensation. You must initiate the case. You may bring a case whether or not there are criminal charges
- You have the right to representation from an experienced Athens wrongful death lawyer
- We handle all stages of wrongful death claims
- With no fees upfront and nothing due unless you win, you can always afford to have our law firm represent you
We know how hard it is to lose a loved one. Our law firm truly cares about you and your family. It is our goal to represent your legal needs and interests. While it can’t change what has happened, we honor your loved one and pursue justice.
We are proud to serve the Athens, GA community by representing victims and families. Call 770-626-7895 to talk about your case and begin.
Experienced Representation in Wrongful Death Claims
As your law firm, we aim to:
- Investigate your case and your legal options
- Explain everything with honest advice and all the information you need to know
- Handle the burden of the legal claim so that you can focus on your family and personal situation
- Claim the compensation that you need and deserve through a legal claim
- Understand and work through any complex legal issues to prevent them from standing in your way
- Offer representation that is professional, skilled and thorough
- Communicate with you throughout your case, always being available to answer your questions
Our team knows that you are suffering. We truly care about our clients, and our compassion shows. That’s why we’re there to provide well-rounded service, taking care of everything you need legally. We will treat you like family as we work for justice on your behalf.
Call 770-626-7895 to talk to our team about your case.
Who can receive wrongful death compensation in Georgia?
In Georgia, a wrongful death award depends on who survives the victim. A spouse may bring a claim, and then children, parents or the executor of the estate – depending on who survives the victim. Our legal team can help you understand how compensation is awarded.
If you’re not sure what options you have, we invite you to have a consultation with our team. We will look at every possibility to bring a case and pursue compensation for your loved one.
Do I have a wrongful death claim?
Georgia law defines a wrongful death as one that results from crime, negligence or a defective product. You may have a wrongful death claim if you are a spouse, child, parent or estate administrator of a person who has lost their life because of the actions of another.
Most wrongful deaths are not the result of intentional assault. It may be a car accident, a preventable slip and fall, medical treatment that went wrong, a defective product, machinery malfunction or many other causes.
In damages, the plaintiffs may claim the full value of the loss of life including lost care, companionship and guidance. A survival action may accompany a wrongful death claim. Medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and pain and suffering before death can all be a part of a legal claim.
Choosing a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Athens, GA
When you need a wrongful death lawyer, it can be hard to know where to begin. Here are some reasons people choose our firm:
- A law firm focused on representing individuals and families. We focus on cases that serve people in our community.
- We have the resources, skills and focus to meet your legal needs when you have a wrongful death claim. Your claim must be pursued thoroughly, and we are ready for the challenge.
- Communication is key. Representing you well means communicating with you throughout your case. Our doors are always open to talk when you have questions or comments. You can reach us by phone, email or text message.
- Our team is proud of our track record of success. Expertise.com has named us a Best Car Accident Lawyer firm. SuperLawyers has rated us Rising Stars. These honors reflect what we want to be – a legal resource that meets your needs when you need us.
- We represent clients in Athens and throughout Georgia. Our founder, Brady M. Larrison is a member of the State Bar of Georgia. Along with the entire team, he is ready to pursue your case from start to finish.
We know that you are grieving the loss of your loved one. You can rely on us to represent you honestly and ethically until your case is complete. With no costs upfront and nothing due unless you win, our services are always affordable.
Time limits apply in wrongful death claims. You must file your case before the deadline. We hope that you’ll contact us today to learn more and start your case.
Free Consultation – Taking New Cases Now
Are you wondering how an Athens wrongful death lawyer can help you? Contact The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney now. At your free consultation, we will explain the law and answer all your questions. Come meet us in our offices, or we can meet you at home or another place that is convenient for you. See how we can help you.
Call 770-626-7895 or message us to begin.