Are you a victim of medical malpractice? Work with an experienced Athens medical malpractice lawyer. At The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys, we care about our clients — and it shows. Call 770-626-7895 today.
Serving Medical Malpractice Victims in Athens, GA
When you need medical care, you expect your healthcare professionals to do a good job. It doesn’t cross your mind that they could make a mistake or neglect your care. When the worst occurs, you may suffer serious harm.
As a victim of medical malpractice, you have rights. You may deserve financial compensation. We provide legal representation for each person and family affected by medical malpractice. If you are a victim, we want to carry the burden of the legal system so that you can receive the compensation you deserve.
Start your case today with a free consultation. Call 770-626-7895 and talk to our legal team.
Compensation for Medical Malpractice Victims
As a victim of medical malpractice, you may receive compensation for a number of losses – additional medical expenses, other financial losses and pain and anguish, for example. Being a victim impacts you physically, mentally and financially. You deserve compensation that reflects these losses.
Getting the financial relief that you deserve isn’t always easy. Legal claims for medical malpractice are complex. There are procedural steps to follow, and the scientific evidence can be confusing. Don’t worry – we are trained professionals. When you need an Athens medical malpractice lawyer, we are here to provide the compassionate, ethical and respectful representation that you deserve.
See how we can help you with a medical malpractice claim. Contact us by phone or send us a message to talk about your case.
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice is substandard healthcare. It occurs when a medical professional fails to deliver care that meets acceptable standards of skill and attention. The standard is based on a reasonable professional with a similar educational background and medical specialty.
Examples of Medical Malpractice Cases
Here are some ways that medical malpractice can occur:
- Failing to diagnose a condition when symptoms are clear
- Misdiagnosis, or not ordering the appropriate treatment for a diagnosis
- Mix up of patient charts
- Not explaining the risks associated with a procedure or course of treatment
- Pre-care or post-care without sufficient instructions for the patient
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Sanitation failures that cause infection
- Medication errors including the wrong drug or an incorrect dose
- Errors during surgery including anesthesia
- Foreign object left in the body
There are many ways that medical malpractice can occur. A doctor may dismiss a patient’s symptoms as mild when there is a serious medical condition. There may be a mistake that leads to the wrong treatment. Sometimes, failing to give the patient enough information about risks and benefits or even how to manage home care can amount to malpractice.
If you have questions about the medical care you have received, we invite you to talk about your case with our legal counsel. We can evaluate your situation and discuss whether it amounts to medical malpractice.
We take the time to explain everything and answer your questions. Call 770-626-7895 to ask for your consultation.
Representation for Medical Malpractice Victims
We know that it is difficult to be the victim of medical malpractice. Our team aims to provide representation that is complete. That means we handle everything that needs to be done to pursue your case from start to finish.
Things that we may do when we represent you are:
- Evaluation of what your case may be worth
- Getting the medical affidavit needed to file a claim
- Drafting legal documents
- Complying with the statute of limitations and other deadlines that apply
- Claiming non-economic losses
- Proving that medical malpractice occurred and that it caused your damages
- Responding to tactics of the defense and their lawyers
- Answers questions and explaining the process
- Representing you in court
- Negotiating your settlement
- Providing counsel throughout the case
Truly serving our clients means providing legal representation and counsel in many aspects. First, we must know you and your situation. That allows us to tailor the case to your needs.
Above all, it’s our goal to represent you with relentless legal advocacy and honest communication throughout your case. We’re always here to explain things and answer your questions. Your case is important to you – and it’s equally important to us.
When You Need an Experienced Lawyer, Talk to Our Athens Law Firm
The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney works hard to deliver results for each person we are privileged to serve. Some highlights of our law firm are:
- A focus on representing victims and their families.
- Full-service representation throughout the case. We take care of everything.
- Honest advice and communication. We communicate on your terms whether it is by email, mail or even text message. We stay in contact throughout the case.
- Personalized service. You know your legal team by name and contact them when you have questions or comments about your case.
- No fee upfront and no fee due unless you receive compensation.
- Membership in the State Bar of Georgia and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Named a “Best Car Accident Lawyers” firm by Expertise.com.
We want to use our law firm for good. That’s why we have built a legal team with results and professional service in mind. It’s our goal to represent you fully when you need an Athens medical malpractice lawyer.
Free Consultation – No Upfront Costs
With free consultations and no upfront costs, you can always afford to hire us. You have nothing to lose. Get your free consultation and see if a medical malpractice claim is right for you. Meet our legal team and see how we may represent you in claiming compensation for your medical malpractice case.
Don’t suffer without the compensation you deserve. Work with an experienced Athens medical malpractice lawyer. Work with Brady M. Larrison of the Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney.