Help for Nursing Home Abuse Victims
When someone enters a nursing home, they put their faith in caregivers. They depend on them for everything. Unfortunately, too many people are the victims of nursing home abuse.
When you need a nursing home abuse lawyer, you can rely on us. We are a team of compassionate and experienced legal professionals. Even if you’re not sure what to do, our legal team can help you evaluate the situation and guide you through everything.
If you have concerns about your loved one, we invite you to have a confidential consultation with our friendly team. Call 770-626-7895 or message us online to talk to us.
Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse is often subtle. Representatives of the care facility rarely admit what happened.
Some common types of nursing home abuse are:
- Assault and battery
- Inadequate personal care including regular bathing
- A fall that occurs because of a lack of employee training, insufficient guard railings, or failing to provide needed walkers and wheelchairs
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse, belittlement, emotional manipulation
- Neglect, refusing to allow a resident to socialize, leaving them in isolation
- Poor nutrition, starvation, food sanitation problems
- Bed sores that develop from a lack of movement
- Failing to provide adequate medical care
- Financial exploitation, theft
- Material exploitation, forcing the resident to work or perform certain tasks
There are many ways that nursing home abuse can occur. Our lawyers can evaluate your loved one’s situation and investigate further. If abuse has occurred, we can help you respond. The compensation that you receive may cover financial expenses, mental injury, physical pain and emotional anguish.
Legal Representation and Compassionate Help
What does a nursing home abuse lawyer do?
A nursing home abuse lawyer represents a victim to claim compensation. The victim must bring a legal claim, prove that the abuse happened and show what damages they have. A nursing home abuse lawyer represents their client, handling all the steps to bring a claim on their behalf. They help the person they represent to evaluate the case and then they pursue it as the victim’s representative.
Experienced Lawyers Representing Victims and Families
The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney can represent you in your nursing home abuse case. When we represent you, we take care of everything. We truly care about our clients, and it shows.
Some ways our experienced team can assist you are:
- Evaluating what has happened
- Addressing your loved one’s immediate safety
- Reporting the abuse and neglect to the care facility and to government agencies
- Identifying the value of a legal claim
- Building evidence including proof of legal fault and damages
- Pursuing a legal claim, including negotiating your settlement
- Representing you throughout the entire legal matter
Representing Seniors and Other Victims
While many nursing home abuse victims are seniors, adults of all ages and even children may be the victim of abuse while living in a care facility. We represent people of all ages. Whatever the circumstances, we are here to be an advocate and legal representative for each victim.
Nursing Home Abuse Death Claims
If you have lost a loved one because of nursing home abuse, we are truly sorry. A lawyer can help you seek justice. We know that you are grieving and that you need legal representation. We will treat you like family. We know how important your case is because that’s how important it is to us.
Hiring a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
At our firm, we work hard together to deliver results for our clients. Some reasons people hire us to represent them as their nursing home abuse lawyer are:
- Compassionate team members who are understanding about your situation
- Representation from a qualified and experienced legal team
- Our leader, Brady M. Larrison has handled cases in Athens and throughout Georgia
- A law firm that specializes in representing victims
- We will take the time to explain everything and answer your questions
- It’s our goal to minimize the strain of the legal process
- We will always keep you informed, and you can always talk to your lawyer
- Membership in the State Bar of Georgia and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- A track record of success including recognition as a “Best Car Accident Lawyers” firm by Expertise.com and rated by SuperLawyers as “Rising Stars”
- No fees up front, and nothing due unless you win, so our representation is at no risk to you
We are proud to serve our community. You are our friends and neighbors. That’s how we will treat you when you walk in the door. Meet us at our offices, or we can meet you at home, the hospital or in a care facility.
Settlements for Nursing Home Abuse – Compensation for Your Loved One
Our goal is to get justice. Of course, no amount of compensation can undo the harm that has occurred. It is our goal to pursue a judgment or settlement that is a fair representation of what the victim has suffered. A victim of abuse in a care facility often suffers terribly. Their physical suffering and emotional anguish should be recognized in the compensation that they receive.
When we talk to clients and families about nursing home abuse cases, they are often worried about a trial. They’re worried about taking the witness stand and waiting through a long trial. We appreciate the burden of the legal process. That’s why we build the evidence in your case.
Building a strong case puts us in a position to negotiate a settlement. Then, we understand your goals and follow your lead. Ultimately, you decide whether to accept a settlement or go to trial. We aim to give you options and make a strong case for you.
Free Consultation – Talk to a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Today
You can talk to our Athens nursing home abuse lawyers for free. We invite you to have a free consultation about your situation. Learn about the case and see what your options are. There is no cost to talk with our legal team, and with no fee unless you win, you never pay unless you receive compensation.