Motorcycles are a great way to explore Georgia’s beautiful highways and byways, but if you’re injured by another driver’s negligence in the process, the losses you face can be overwhelming.
Your rights and rightful compensation are important, which makes having the skilled legal guidance of an experienced Georgia motorcycle accident lawyer paramount. Don’t wait to contact or call The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys to begin your case.
Ways Drivers Endanger Motorcyclists in Georgia
When you ride, you put safety first by donning your safety gear and abiding by the rules of the road, but not every driver out there follows your lead – and you are far more vulnerable to the negligence of other drivers when you are on your motorbike. Consider the following forms of dangerous driver negligence that continue to plague our roadways:
- Impairment: Drunk drivers are some of the most dangerous drivers out there.
- Distraction: While there are myriad distractions available to motorists, texting is considered the most alarming.
- Exhaustion: The more exhausted the driver, the more closely their driving resembles drunk driving.
- Aggression: Aggressive drivers seem to take pleasure in making our roads more dangerous.
- Excess speed: As a driver’s speed increases, so too does the risk that an accident will occur and the chance that it will be deadly.
The negligence of other drivers is often the root cause of life-threatening motorcycle accidents.
Legal Damages Following a Motorcycle Accident
In your motorcycle accident claim, you will seek compensation for the legal damages – or covered losses – you experience. These are typically divided into several specific categories of loss.
The immense impact you experience in the course of a motorcycle accident can easily total your bike.
Your medical bills
When you are on your motorcycle, you don’t have the size, weight, or protective cover of a car, which leaves you exceptionally vulnerable to the impact of an accident and which often translates to more extensive medical bills. Common expenses include:
- Emergency treatment and transportation
- Surgical and post-op care
- Hospital stays
- Medical treatments, tests, and procedures
- Care from doctors, therapists, and other specialists
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Rehabilitation services
- Prescription medications
- Assistance with the activities of daily living
- Home health care
While you are laid up and addressing your physical recovery, you will almost certainly be off the job, which means lost income. This category of loss can extend its reach to lost earning potential over the course of your career, to a thwarted career trajectory, or even to the inability to work at all. Losses of this magnitude often come with emotional consequences in addition to financial ones.
Physical and emotional pain and suffering
The physical pain that you suffer as a result of being injured in a motorcycle accident can be nearly unbearable, but you shouldn’t be surprised if it is rivaled by your emotional pain and suffering.
The PTSD-like effects that are commonly associated with violent motorcycle accidents include all the following:
- Abrupt and severe mood swings
- Difficulty maintaining social connections, which is often precipitated by self-isolation
- Significant spikes in anxiety that can cause panic attacks
- Difficulty concentrating
- Terrifying accident flashbacks
- Fear of getting back on one’s bike
- Sleep disturbances, such as insomnia and night terrors
- Depressive episodes
If you’ve suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, taking your emotional setbacks as seriously as your financial and physical setbacks is critical to your overall recovery.
How an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Having a seasoned motorcycle accident lawyer in your corner is always in your best interests. Your trusted motorcycle accident lawyer will take on all the following primary tasks in pursuit of your claim’s best possible resolution and your optimal recovery:
- Gathering and skillfully compiling all the available evidence into a strong accident claim that supports your rights and best interests
- Adeptly negotiating with the involved insurance company for compensation that addresses your full range of losses
- Helping you navigate the claims process and make the right decisions for you throughout
- Communicating with the insurance company on your behalf – insurance reps have a bad reputation for culling statements from claimants that go on to harm their claims
- Preparing to take the insurance company to court if it refuses to engage in fair negotiations or to follow the laws that protect claimants like you from bad faith practices
Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Georgia Today
At The Larrison Law Firm Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys, we take considerable pride in our long-standing reputation for skillfully championing the rights of claimants like you in pursuit of compensation that justly addresses their complete range of losses. Our focused legal team is standing by to help you.